Friday, November 6, 2009

Fall is here! (I hope it stays)

Ah - finally cool weather in San Diego. I'm loving the coolness, but not the switch off daylight savings time. It just doesn't seem right to leave my jewelry class at 5:30 and it's almost dark. Icky! I've been doing OK after losing Oscar - at least on most days. Today was a tough one. I had to go to the vet to get Kirby some pills and the only thing I thought of to/fro was our last trip to take Oscar there. Needless to say it was a sad trip and I'm still down in the dumps.

I'm going to check out a rescue dog tomorrow - Gino, from the Baja Animal Sanctuary. He seems like a cutey and I can't resist a terrier. The first requirement will be that he can be gentle with Kirby. I don't want Kirby's last days to be messed up by a new dog - so if we get one it will have to be gentle and nice to our "old man" Kirby. If Gino is too energetic I've seen a couple of possibilities at the pound as well. I have no doubt that when the time is right we'll find the right dog to give a new home to. That's the best way to honor Oscar's memory - give another loving doggie a good life with a new pack.

No comments: