Tuesday, January 6, 2009

And today in Paris ...

Today is the day the "SALES" or, as the French say, SOLDES, start in Paris (maybe in France?). Many stores have items at 50% off starting today. After cleaning up the apartment (vacuum, dust, mop, ...) we're going to visit the Mephisto shoe store and see if I can get a pair of nice, well insulated hiking/walking boots so my feet won't FREEZE here. My old boots bit the big one when we were hiking on Maui and, since they are about 25 years old (if not older), I figure it's about time to get a new pair. If they don't have anything at a reasonable price then I'll just buy some from Land's End when I get back to the States. After we visit the Mephisto store we're going to have hot cocoa at Chez Angelina. This is actually quite a well known place for hot cocoa done right. I'm anxious to give it a try and I'm sure I'll be ready for something warm by the time we get there. We went looking for it yesterday but all I knew was that it was near the American Embassy. We finally found that (and they have VERY French hours - only open in in the AM and then one day from 1-2PM). There were a ton of gendarmes all around the Place de la Concorde, apparently getting ready for a protest.

OK - off to clean!

No comments: