Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm home!!!

Hubby and I went up to visit his mom over the holidays, with the dogs! That means we had to drive from San Diego to northern California - which is a drive of, at least, 10 hours. It was 10 hours up since we hit very little traffic outside LA and few "plugs" on I-5 in the San Joaquin valley. I decided, after the slow drive back down, that trucks create a lot of the plugs. We left on a Sunday to head up there and there are a LOT fewer trucks on the road on Sunday than on Thursday when we came back down. We enjoyed the visit with his mom, but the drive back was MUCH longer. I also dropped my cell phone at our lunch stop on Panoche Road. I didn't realize at the time but after calling it a few times and not hearing it in the car I realized I dropped it. I kind of remembered the road name and definitely remember that there was a restaurant called Apricot Tree so after a quick internet search I found the name, phone number and address of the restaurant. When I called them up they were very helpful. The manager, Carlos, had one of his crew, Jorge, look for my cell phone as he was emptying the trash cans in their parking lot. Jorge called me as he was looking in the park where I walked the dogs to find out more about the cell phone. As I was describing it to him he found it!! That was so nice of them to look for it for me! So ... if you're driving up or down I-5 in the San Joaquin valley take a rest stop at the Apricot Tree restaurant and give them some business. Nice folks need to be thanked and rewarded with business. Their apricot pie has some rave reviews from my mom-in-law and others on the web. I immediately shipped off two thank you cards with some reward money to them in appreciation of them taking the time to look for my phone and then helping to ship it to me.

Next up - another blog promo for a 90-blogs in 90-days Etsy seller ...

No comments: