Friday, January 30, 2015

Tucson Day 2 - beads, beautiful beads!!!

Day 2 started out wet and just got wetter. In fact it was absolutely pouring rain at several points during the day.  Not to worry - the rain didn't stop me from visiting some of my favorite vendors. Our first visit was with Toyo Feng (Feng's Trading). Toyo always has wonderful beads in some different stones and cool shapes. I always come home with gorgeous, unique beads for me designs. Here is a picture of Toyo and I at this booth and pictures of some of the beauties I'm taking home :)
 

Toyo and me!
Green pyrite, burmese jade, angelite weed grass agate, yellow (dyed) agate, yellow calcite and yellow opal
Turquoise hearts, gorgeous carved turquoise rounds, turquoise barrels and amazonite (leaves and faceted twisted ovales)
Carved mother of pearl, dyed jade, dyed terra jasper, fossil coral and brown opal

Beautiful turquoise, including some sleeping beauty!
Hematite, eagle eye tiger eye (grey), dumorterite

After lunch at El Minuto Cafe we drove over to the Howard Johnson GIGM show, slogged through the mud and puddles and visited our favorite vendors over there - Nevada Turquoise Co.  Here we both are with them.

Dad, me and Shellbone
Dad, my mom and Shellbone
Royal Beauty Mine turquoise and some Sleeping Beauty cabs
More turquoise :)
And that was the extent of our day.  The plans for tomorrow aren't cast in stone but we'll probably go to Gem Mall and JOGS.  If some of my designer friends send requests I may visit with Shellbone and his dad on the way home tomorrow. And, if you're wondering, it's still raining.  According to the evening news the airport got over 1" of rain (at 6:30PM) which broke a record from the 80's.  Since it hasn't stopped raining I'm sure the airport total is probably closer to 2" now.

No comments: