Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Featured ETSY artist #45 - Kala


Karen Jinks is the creative force behind Kala. She's a mixed media artist located in the UK. I like eclectic creations and she's got some great ones. The first drawing to grab my eye was Between. As you know I'm a gardener so I love the leaf imprints and the wonderful pink tones. The dimensionality of the crinkled paper (or maybe paint?) makes it even more interesting.

The next one on to draw me in was Hidden. I like the flowers (surprise!) and the more vibrant colors, including purple! I also like Karen's use of stamps in her art. There are so many interesting stamps in the world and they make beautiful art!

Karen is an artist with many talents. You can see her jewelry designs in her Up With The Lark etsy shop. You can see her paper designs in her Chalk Hill Studio shop. And, finally, if you want to know more about the daily happenings in her life be sure to check out her blog.



No comments: