Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Last few months of happenings - August and September

I've been a bit remiss in posting but I did have one excuse.  10 days after we returned from our Norway trip I had foot surgery on my left foot.  The same surgery (remove a bone spur on my heel) as on my right foot in 2017.  Needless to say that sidelined me for a while.  Now I'm in the PT and recovery phase which takes months.  Here are a few shots from my post-surgery days.  I'll leave out the pictures of my incision :)  For anyone who has an achilles rupture, Haglunds deformity or bone spur on your heel be sure to check out the Achilles Blog (http://achillesblog.com).  You can get information on the surgery, recovery, things you might need during recovery, rehab, ...  And if you want to document your own surgery/recovery process you can set up a blog. 

My foot in the splint with a get well butterfly balloon attached :)
Hanging out and elevating with my constant companion Gino
And I started walking again 5 weeks after sugery

No comments: