Monday, August 13, 2018

Soccer in Norway and an upcoming show

I had a blast in Norway.  It was much warmer than we expected (high 80's instead of high 60's) but that didn't stop us.  I'll share just a few of the many pictures of our fun visit. 

About to board a plane for Svolvaer and then we'll drive to Henningsvaer
The gorgeous clear waters on the way to Henningsvaer
We're famous!  In Henningsvaer
The field in Henningsvaer, Norway
Both teams on the field in Henningsvaer.  We're in blue.
Getting ready to kayak in Henningsvaer

And now some pictures from our time in Oslo.

Most of the team at dinner one night

Our team (blue) and team Kjelsas after our Norway Cup exhibition game
I went ziplining!  What fun!
Of course I have a LOT more pictures but don't want to bore you with all of them.  :)

Next up is foot surgery!  This time on my left foot.  I'm looking forward to it since I know how well it turned out on my right foot.   I'll share some of the post-surgery journey with you in a few days.

I'll be selling my jewelry at the Senior Classic Women's soccer tournament September 8-9 in Mira Mesa. This year I won't be playing since I'll be 3 weeks out from foot surgery on my left foot.  I'll be cheering on my teammates and selling jewelry. Fortunately my wonderful mom and hubby will both be helping out since I won't be walking yet.  I'll be scootering around still.  I HOPE the weather cools down!  We'll be at Hourglass Field in Mira Mesa (just south of Miramar College). You can park in the Miramar College parking lot or in the field parking lot (back near the pool). We'll be there from 8-3-ish on Saturday and 8-2'ish on Sunday. If my foot starts bugging me and things are slow I may pack up and head home earlier.  Here's a mapquest link if you need it: Hourglass Field. Hope to see some of you there!

No comments: